An arts and affordable entry-level housing development will be replacing the historic Pantages Theatre (and several other adjacent properties) on the 100 block of East Hastings. The old Pantage Theatre, which was deemed unsalvageable by several engineer's reports, has been demolished and in its place, Sequel 138 will rise. Rumour has it that this Sequel 138 Development Corp condo will be priced starting from $227,000.
- 100 block of East Hastings Street
- 6 storey residential building with 13,000 sq. ft. of retail for 12 commercial units on the ground floor, including a 2,500 sq. ft. art studio for residents and the community
- Total of 97 residential units divided between 18 social housing units and 79 affordable one bedroom suites
- All homes have minimum 9’ ceilings and are 450 sq. ft., with the exception of four units at 717 sq. ft.
- One level of secured underground parking with 43 stalls
- A breezeway connecting Pender and Hastings
- Developer: Sequel 138 Development Corp
- Architect: Studio One Architects